Getting started on the AFAAS Network
What is the AFAAS Virtual Platform?
The AFAAS Virtual Platform is a mobile and web based network for agricultural advisory services agents and other stakeholders to collaborate, solve problems, and pursue new project and business opportunities. Membership to the AFAAS Virtual platform is by registration and is free of charge.
Who can register?
Agricultural advisory service agents, researchers and practitioners, entrepreneurs, agribusiness owners, sponsors as well as mentors.
How do I register?
- To register, visit the platform at https://afaas-network.innodev.org/ and click on ‘Register’, as shown.
- You will be directed to a page on which you will be required to enter your name, username, email address, password, area of specialization, interest and country. Once completed, click on ‘Create new account’.
- You will receive an email from the AFAAS team requiring you to verify your email address. It will bear a link which you should click to gain access to your new AFAAS account.
- Once this has been done, you will be redirected to a page similar which will give you access to your new AFAAS account.
Once I have registered, how do I log in?
i. Visit the platform at http://networking.afaas-africa.org and click on ‘login’.
ii. Provide your username and password.
How do I request for a new password?
i. Follow the process of logging in as a registered member. If you have forgotten your password or would like to request a new password, click on ‘Request new password’.
ii. Enter the username or the email address used during your initial registration process.
iii. If you have provided the correct information, you will view a notification that indicates that further instructions have been sent to your email address.
iv. You will receive an email containing a link that offers you a one-time log in to your account. Click on this link. You will then be redirected to a page stating that you have one time login access that will expire in 24 hours. Click on ‘Log in’.
v. After logging in, you will be forwarded to a page where you can change your password. Click on ‘Save’ after entering and confirming your new password. You will then be notified that the changes made have been saved.
How do I view my profile on the platform?
i. Log in at https://afaas-network.innodev.org/ with your username and password.
ii. You will be directed to your Dashboard. On the top right hand corner of the page will be welcoming words with the name of your account e.g. Welcome AFAAS Support.
iii. Click the link Welcome AFAAS Support. You will be directed to a page with your profile.
iii. To update your profile, click edit and provide and or make changes to the information in the fields shown.
Returning to the Home page
This can be done at any stage, as you browse through the website. Click on the AFAAS name and logo on the top left hand corner on any page.
What do I benefit by being part of the platform?
As part of the service you will be able to;
· Register and create a personalised account;
· Follow the content and activities of individuals, organisations, groups, discussions, questions, and opportunities;
· Send private messages to other Service users;
· Post questions and answers to questions posted by other Service users;
· Create and join organisations, groups, discussions, questions, and opportunities;
· Post resources, stories and news items;
· Post comments on discussions, resources, stories and news items.