MALAWI FORUM FOR AGRICULTURAL ADVISORY SERVICES (MaFAAS)
To create harmonization, standardization and add value to initiatives in agricultural advisory services through sharing of information and increase professional interaction.
About our Organization
PLATFORM FOR STRENGTHENING AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND ADVISORY SERVICE THROUGH INFORMATION SHARING AND ACTION TO ACHIEVE PROFESSIONALIZATION, STANDARDIZATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Agricultural advisory services that efficiently and effectively contribute to sustained growth and transformation of agriculture.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- Promote the exchange of information, innovations and human resources.
- Improve the capacity of agricultural advisory services partners and members by
- Influencing policies and programmes related to agricultural advisory services by
- Improving the quality/quantity of agricultural advisory services in Malawi
- Identify, encourage and support operational research in agricultural advisory services by
- Coordinating donor efforts and input in agricultural advisory services, and
- Undertaking any other activities geared towards development of agricultural advisory services.
Membership of the MaFAAS is open to public and private sector providers of agricultural advisory service, namely government departments, civil society organizations (NGOs, Farmer organizations), agricultural training institutions (universities and colleges), banks, the media, research institutions, agro processors, input and produce traders, transporters, and affiliate members from regional and districts agricultural advisory services. Affiliation is either as an individual or an institution. Find list of members here.
The MaFAAS is affiliated to the Global Forum for Rural Advisory Services (GFRAS) and the African Forum for Agricultural Advisory Services (AFAAS). Its structures are:
- General Assembly : having representatives of all agriculture sub-sectors
- Executive Committee
- Thematic Teams
- Standardization, Quality Assurance and Capacity Building
- Networking, Coordination, Research & Knowledge Managemen
- Advocacy, Lobbying and Crosscutting Issues
- Technical Advisory Board
- College Chapters
MAJOR ACTIVITIES UNDERTAKEN
- National workshop and General Assembly, 19 January 2011, Malawi Institute of Management
- National workshop and General Assembly, 25 to 26 July 2012, Malawi Institute of Management
- National workshop and General Assembly, 8 to 9 May 2013, Malawi Institute of Management
PUBLIC DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE
- Proceedings of MaFAAS January 2011 National workshop General Assembly
- Proceedings of MaFAAS July 2012 National workshop General Assembly
- Proceedings of MaFAAS May 2013 National workshop and General Assembly
- MaFAAS Institutional Assessment Report
- MaFAAS Concept Note, Constitution and Strategic Plan
The MaFAAS has provided a platform for harmonization of agricultural advisory services through presentations and discussions, necessary for promoting pluralism Stakeholder commitment to MaFAAS high as evidenced by increasing participation of stakeholders in MaFAAS activities and number of voluntary presentations made over the years Stimulation of good performance of other coordination institutions under District Agriculture Extension System which were limited to district level without a national level structure for lesson sharing
Physical Address: Farm Voice Radio
Contact Person: Paul Fatch
Email: [email protected]